February 24, 2010

ahoy!

Eww, I just noticed that title was really corny. Whatever, it's not like you guys look at it anyway.

Has anybody else noticed the nautical/sailor trend becoming popular? Not necessarily on the recent runway shows, but like in Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, H&M, etc.? Somewhere it must have appeared at a spring show, so I'll hunt that down too and figure it out!

The sailor thing is cool- it's really fresh and clean for spring/summer, and kind of reminds me of those old Mary Engelbright (spelling?) cards and stationary. Or also any books by Edward Eager. Man, childhood must have been great in like the 20's... Back to reality....

 Here is my favorite sailor-type stuff:

pictures from forever21 and charlotte russe

Weirdly enough, style.com didn't seem to keen on the nautical trend- there was barely anything in the "shop the look" category for it. The only major show I could find with it was D&G spring 2009. I guess forever 21 and charlotte russe are farther down on the fashion food chain/domino ladder than I thought if they're getting the message this late...


Any thoughts? Do you like this trend?

9 comments:

  1. The striped shirts are cool, but I think the anchors are going little overboard. No pun intended : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the nautical look, but I wouldn't make it the "theme" of an outfit, if that makes any sense at all.
    Sincerely,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of forever 21, and I like the nautical theme, but I agree with Jen in the sense that I would never base an outfit on it.

    -Domino
    http://domino-fashionprodigy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like it but I wouoldn't go out delibrately to make my outfit look like I was a sailor. Usually, I like to take different elements from a trend rather than completely going completely 360 with it.

    From Dolly
    XX
    http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/
    http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the stripey trend! they give you like this sailing and frenchy look

    http://fashionismysoulmate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love the nautical theme but now its too common and im kinda over it - i love your picks though

    Merci beaucoup for your lovely comment on my blog, im so glad you liked it and I hope you'll become a regular visitor =]

    I absolutely adore your blog darling, do you want to exchange links?

    Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sailor theme but it isn't my favorite. I mean I like the strips and like the pink and blue top that u had in your photos, but the ancors are too much. I would like the style a lot better but only if it wasn't as dramatic I think they need to tone it down just a little bit.

    www.emidoodlesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love clothes with stripes! but that's pretty much all the sailor style clothes I wear...

    www.lapetiteprincesseb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this vintage inspired look, perfect for summer days!Lovely blog!!!

    ReplyDelete