March 2, 2010

"pants-less.."

No pants at Dolce & Gabbana FW10? This reminds me of two things:

1. My school's swim team has the phrase "no shirt, no pants, no problem" written on most of their spirit wear. Although the D&G models were certainly not wearing swimsuits, they did kind of make me think of this.
2. The Drake and Josh (loved that show!) episode when Megan's first boyfriend Cory is a complete pig and weirdo and only agrees to get back with Megan if the boys give him their pants. Josh goes, "I feel weird..pants-less..." Hilarious, in my opinion.

All in all, I am not a huge follower of the Italian houes (of course I admire them as classics and all, but most of their stuff isn't really for me), and this look was right there with the rest of it. For me, being crazy and inspirational and theatrical is more like having huge bows at Marc by Marc and carzy arm tattoos at Rodarte, not having a blazer and underwear as a look. Here's what I mean:




Did you like the look? If so, how would you incorporate it into your daily wardrobe? I don't know about you, but I don't think my parents/teachers would exactly approve of me wearing this or even anything like it.

4 comments:

  1. agggh no pants??? What is wrong with the world?? looks like Lady Gaga (I love her though) has started a trend!!
    I loved Drake and Josh too!!!! My favorite is the one when Josh realizes that Drake was the kid that stole his foam finger when they were little and they get into a huge argument. They dont even play reruns!!! LOL
    Sincerely,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you agree, I can't stand Italian design houses, they just aren't for me and wtf is with the no pants?!

    Ahh, good old Drake and Josh, good times indeed.

    Thanks so much for stopping by darling, i'll add you to my links right after this comment =]

    Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove this look, there is something so timeless and classic about it. It reminds me a little of Stella Mccartneys AW09 collection, where she had the blazers and the thigh high boots?.

    Of course, I could never wear this look exactly, in real life (just not quite appropriate...) But I would probably wear a really simple black blazer and with black shorts, of course longer, and a white or black tank top. Something simple and classic like the original runway look (:

    I might also wear a black leotard tucked into a dark voluminous mini skirt (gotta love those) and then a dark blazer on top. (:

    http://prettylittlecottonroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot stand this either, I mean I just do not get it! I think that when I see something and it captures me like Louise Gray or Comme Des Garcons does that are the labels that I love but I am getting bored just looking at these.

    From Dolly

    XX
    http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete