February 21, 2010

channeling the fresh prince?

 As most of you probably (hopefully...) know, London Fashion Week has begun and is in full swing! The first collection I looked at on the wonderful style.com was House of Holland. Overall, it was really interesting! I liked the quirkiness because it was a slightly refreshing change from some of the other motifs during these fashion weeks such as earth colors and leather.

The collection was seriously reminding me of the 80's/90's though. Ponytails so high they defy gravity? Check. Brights? Check. Leggings and tees? Check. Call it urban-chic at its finest, but it certainly does give an old-school vibe. A good one though!





The sporty theme also seems to be featured frequently. The tees with lettering is certainly not something you would expect to see on the runway, which makes it really cool in my opinion. I guess I'll have to stock up on those bright bodycon skirts and sweaters come September!

What has been your favorite show so far in LFW?

Oh, just an FYI, in honor of Gossip Girl's return on March 8th, I'm planning a major Gossip Girl fashion post. :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the tights in the second photo!!!!
    Great post!! I don't really have a favorite show yet-- haven't had much time to look at time!!! ughhh I hate busy schedules lol
    Sincerely,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for gossip girl, nice blog btw! :)

    Eloise

    http://www.ineedmoreclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog :)
    to answer your 'question' on my blog: well, I don't really live somewhere freezing. I live in Germany and it does get real cold in the winter (although we are back to plus three degrees again), but it's warm in the summer too.

    www.lapetiteprincesseb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

    the clothes are so chanelling the 80s back to school vibes.. hehehe..

    ooh and i worship Louboutins too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Post (:
    No questions asked my absolute favorite show was Proenza Schouler.
    GENIUS
    GENIUS
    GENIUS
    GENIUS
    and I could say it a million times more.
    Jack & Lazaro are artistic visionaries.

    Yours Truly,
    Domino
    http://domino-fashionprodigy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I feel that vibe too! I love seeing the Fresh prince and the outfits on there! I often wish that some similiar things were on sale in local thrift stores.

    From Dolly
    XX
    http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. thans guys, sorry for the lack of posting, but school soccers starting up so im really busy this week! new posts soon though!

    ReplyDelete