February 17, 2010

ode to the red soles..and other things that are worth your time

Ah, Louboutins. The name is even fun to say. I love them. I want some. They are perfect.

I'll stop being weird, but seriously, I am in love with these shoes. Once, I saw a girl wearing them at the mall  (I saw the red soles) and I had kind of a small panic attack, causing the people I was with to be a little alarmed. My favorite part about them is that through the simplicity of some and the uniqueness of others, they all stand out and are instantly reognizable.

Now, I'm not usually one to go all gaga for one specific brand or think that wearing a certain label makes you cool, but for some reason these shoes just call to me. If I were to buy some, I would buy the plain black pumps, or maybe peep-toes.
To keep this post from being insanely boring for all of you who don't have these shoes as your twitter background (ahem..) I'll post a picture of this dress I just got at Anthropologie.

I'm contemplating what to wear it with. The floral print seems summery, but the black also looks like it could be dressed for winter if I did it right. Should I wear a black cardigan over it maybe? With leather boots? Flats? Any suggestions?

So back to the real world of fashion: Has anyone else been slightly surprised at the celebrity turnout at NYFW? I've heard Chase Crawford, Katharine Heigl, Jessica Szohr, Michelle Tratchenberg, Keke Palmer...Call me crazy, but I don't really recall any of these people having a thing for fashion. It seems kind of disconcerting that celebrities all sit front row just because. Even better, Rihanna gets paid $100,000 to attend shows, says fashionista.com. I also heard that there were basically no celebrities at Carolina Herrera. Interesting...

I have no true criticism of the designers or the industry at all, but sometimes I do wonder if the celebrities are merely attending the shows for extra publicity or really for fashion. It probably goes both ways, because lots of them really do have awesome fashion sense. What are your thoughts on celebrities and fashion mingling?

4 comments:

  1. Most of the "celebrities" only go to the fashion shows for publicity and the money their given to sit in the front row. Only few truly have a love for fashion (ex: ChloĆ« Sevigny ♥)

    check out my new Q&A post
    http://domino-fashionprodigy.blogspot.com

    Bonjour,
    Domino

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that much about celebrities or their supposed love of fashion, but seems to me a lot of celebrities who are considered stylish are only so becuase they can afford to buy whatever they want, straight off the runways. Often, it seems to me, they don't display any real sense of individualism or style. Of course... I could be completely wrong, like I said I don't really follow these people... (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely dress :)
    ahh christian louboutins..love
    you could try simple black leather jacket, black tights and boots for edgy
    or you could do a black cropped cardigan so you can see the rest of the dress with some tights and patent black heels

    xx

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so funny!!!!
    I would do a black cardigan AND the boots!!! cardigan for warmth, boots for the awesome-ness of them!!
    I just read an article in the ny times sunday styles section about what celeberties are "the catch" to have at the shows. it said how some people are offended that the glamor of the front row has been infiltrated by bloggers. it said that there was a rumor that the cast of jersey shore may be at one of the shows... aghh they make me puke. (not literally lol)
    Sincerely,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete