March 8, 2010

Gossip Girl!

Hey guys! Here goes!

So I know this is technically a fashion blog, but today is the long awaited return of my absolute favorite show (turn on the CW at 9, come on), and I just had to talk about it. Some of this stuff will be fashion related, though! Disregard any ramblings that you don't care about, I promise it won't bother me. Read as much or as little as you like. :)

First topic: The Episode!
I am soo super excited for it because the last one, "The Debarted," was such a cliffhanger! Serena and Nate!? The mysterious lady at Bart's grave!? Dan and Vanessa!? Lily and Rufus!? So many questions!
Here's what I think is going to go down.
1. Serena and Nate will get together, officially. (Okay, I may have watched a sneak peek video that showed them...)
2. The random lady at the grave will appear to be Chuck's mom, but when he gets to the bottom of it she actually won't be. I may be wrong, but it just does't seem GG enough for her to just be like "Yep, you're right. Here I am."
3. Lily and Rufus will have temporary issues, but Rufus will finally get some guts back and fight for Lily if Mr. VDW comes into the picture.
4. Dan and Vanessa will eventually work something out, hopefully. (Personally, I kinda miss Derena, but I know that's old news..)

Second Topic: Favorites!
My favorite character, hands down, always, no matter what, you get the point, is BLAIR. She is downright awesome!
Here's why I love her:
1. Her wit is hilarious. One-liners, jibes, and insults, you name it. All of them are insanely funny. Example: "Jenny, this isn't your wedding day! Cotillion only happens once!"
2. She takes crap from nobody. You mess with her, you get it right back. Even when she knows she's been duped or has lost, she finds some way to at least keep her dignity, which leads to the next.
3. She has a great composure. She rarely loses it in public, and always makes sure she is presentable!
4. She loves Chuck, my other favorite character. They complete each other.
5. She has GREAT style! I love her preppy-chic/feminine style and her wardrobe is to-die-for. See next topic:

The Fashion:

Blair: feminine, preppy, classic.



Her style is pretty classic, but what I like about it is that she always adds in something interesting, like a pop of color or her signature headband. Peacoats are a staple for her in the winter, as seen in the first picture, and she has about a million of them in different colors. In summer and spring, she wears cute sailor dresses or sundresses, but always more classic and feminine than Serena's style, which is boho.

Serena: boho, uptown glamour
Serena has some cute boho looks sometimes, but I think recently in the show her clothes have become even more, ahem, risque, and I sometimes find it hard to get inspiration from them anymore, However, that doesn't mean that her other outfits are not extremely fashionista-worthy! I love how she always has a cool bag, sometimes statement, sometimes classic, but always noteworthy.

I feel like it's rather hard to do style evaluations for Jenny and Vanessa, because Vanessa doesn't really make that a focal point, and Jenny's too busy being a vampire/raccoon lookalike to have defined  interesting style (please excuse my opinion...).

Anyways, if not attempting to have variations of these awesome styles, you could always buy some of the stuff from the new Miss Selfridge line inspired by Gossip Girl!
Check it out here! I know I'm excited, but I really have to save up some cash...

So what do you guys think of the next episode/ the characters' style? Do you even watch the show? Comment!

4 comments:

  1. I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!!!

    I have to wait until Tuesday and I can't wait - I miss my darling Chuck. I've found out so many spoilers for the rest of the season and trust me - it's gonna be a good one!!

    FABULOUS post my fellow GG obsessive =]

    Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably the only person in the world who hasn't watched GG before but I really want to. The only problem is that my brother clogs up our DVR with countless episodes of pokemon, batman, you name it. And I can't watch it when it's actually on because my brother is usually watching the TV.
    Agggh no justice!!! lol
    Sincerely,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the style of both of them!
    So sad we don't get the CW here. Have to wait until it's online so I can watch it too. aah, I've been waiting SO long!

    Oh, and guess what? I often accidently forget the "s" in blogspot when I want to open your blog and then I end up on the "Mega Site of Bible Studies" and I'm always really confused. :D Just wanted to say..

    www.lapetiteprincesseb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see it?! Poor chuck!!

    Merci beaucoup for the lovely comment darling =]

    Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete