March 15, 2010

miscellaneous purchases feel good

I must say, it feels good to be blogging again. I know, it hasn't been that long, but still, this is like therapy, I swear! Anyways, I went to Target over this greay and chilly weekend, and here's what I bought:

I feel like it kind of mashes together sailor and boho into one top, so there's a lot going on, but the pattern was too cute not to buy. The plus? It was $15. Pretty good for something I can probably wear at least 3 different ways: alone with shorts in summer, over another plain top with jeans now, or possiby with leggings if it covers my lower half enough. (I really wouldn't want to be a victim of the "tights as pants" plague).

I also recently received this dress as a gift from a friend, from Forever 21.

Confession: Although I've been a fan of the colorblock dress thing for some time now, this is actually the first one I've owned. My favorite part about them is that they are very easy to accesorize with; just pick one of the colors (perhaps the contrasting one?) and match jewelry it to that, and everything in your outfit will be balanced. I wore this to my winter sports banquet with stockings and nude kitten heels with a flower on the toe. I was kind of wary about doing that with this dress, but the nude shoes worked their magic and ended up not looking like a total fail "I need new black pumps" kind of thing. Even if that was the case....

Oh! And as a random bonus, I found this ribbon stack at Target in the one dollar section ( love that thing!) and although there's like 5 inches of ribbon per color, it still is cute.

The top one says "Good friends never go out of style," and the stilettos on pink are awesome! I might use these as hair ribbons, part of a DIY headband, or maybe just decorations.

Have you done any spring shopping? Any cool finds? Comment!


5 comments:

  1. I love that shirt, it's really adorable! You got some steals this weekend! My little triumph was on Friday when I managed to score a vintage fur stole at Goodwill!

    Ce qui m'inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so cute. One can always rely on F21 for cute things hehe (: Lately I've bought quite a few things so I'm on a strict shopping diet for a month (or until I get a job...) I got a cute flowy white dress for summer which I'm so excited about because I've wanted one forever and then I also got a nice denim playsuit.

    The only things left on my list now are:
    - the PERFECT floral dress
    - festival tickets
    - summer makeup

    Sadly none of these are going to happen in the near future. I've been searching for the perfect floral dress for... a very long time now, and still haven't found it. The festival I want to go to is in the middle of my exams and the makeup... well that might happen (:

    sorry for the long comment xD
    stay beautiful
    xx
    prettylittlecottonroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is awesome!!!! I have a confession too: I love the color block thing, but I STILL don't own one.
    The Tights as pants plague is awful just awful as you said AND super ugly!!! I got a silk-ish retro dress from F21 two weeks ago but I only wear it as a shirt over jeans because I am deathly afraid of that plague. Oh well it's still a cool shirt.
    Other spring buys... well I just got back from a family vacation to Italy yesterday and when I was in Florence I got two cool leather belts at one of the outdoor markets. They're awesome and smell like Italy.
    Sincerely,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress! If you don't want to have it anymore, I'll be there... :D no, just kidding.
    I haven't done any spring shopping yet. I'm actually out of money right now. BUT I've bought a new jacket. Definitely needed one.

    So this time I didn't end up on the "mega site of bible studies". Remember? Yeah, I finally know how to write the link to your blog..

    Following.

    xoxo

    www.lapetiteprincesseb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving:) block colours are fab, they can be worked in so many different ways! and i am totally with you on the pants as leggings , thats just a no. absolutely cute ribbons!
    xx

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete