November 1, 2009

miscellaneous!

Hey bloggers, sorry I haven't posted in a week, but it's been hectic. For now, I'm just going to catch up on various random thoughts.

1. I was sorry to read a while back that Arabelle over at http://fashionpirates.blogspot.com/ will not be posting as often. I really love her blog, so check it out, even if it's updated less.

2. I am making an inspiration board by cutting up all of my TeenVogue issues. I figure I'm not going to, like, try to keep them in mint condition to later sell them or something, so why not make use of them?! I'm also cutting up catalogues. I'm going to layer some pretty paper (my mom has loads of it) overtop of a corkboard, then pin up all the pictures of clothes and inspiration in a sort of giant collage, to help me when looking for style ideas and before going shopping. It is much more fun than I expected :] Oh, and I am IN LOVE with these coats from Delia's:
















3. Last weekend was homecoming, and I had a really great time, plus I got a ton of compliments on my dress, which I really didn't expect! It was from windsorstore.com, navy satin, with layered fabric for ruffly flowers around the bottom. I'm the tall one on the far left in the first picture, and the first one in front on the stairs. Just thought those were nice pictures of all my friends and I!

















Any ideas on what else I should make an inspiration board for?

3 comments: