November 29, 2009

It Bag vs. Statement Necklace

It bag vs. Statement necklace- these two options are great because they are a really easy way to make your outfit fun and interesting without having to spend too much time carefully picking and choosing outfit components. But which to choose? Certainly not both at the same time, but one or the other- it bag or statement necklace- always makes an outfit. Here I'm posting my ideas on how to wear each. In my opinion, the outfit you're going to rock shouldn't have to compete with the bag or necklace, so I tried to keep it simple.

It Bag:


It Bag


As you can see, the neutral colors of the outfit aren't too much for the purple bag (which is perfect, but that's no surprise as it is marc jacobs). This is a pretty simple, comfy outfit, perfect for a day you're not feeling very creative, because literally just grabbing the bag really makes the whole outfit.
Statement Necklace:


Statement Necklace


For this outfit, I went a little bit less low-key. Just a little, though. The shoes have tiny studs along the bottom to go with the studs on the necklace, and the black embellished buttons on the dress help to bring out the black felt of the necklace. This outfit is probably more for a party, dinner, or any holiday get together (can you believe it's already that time of year?).

What do you think you choose more often? Which would you be more likely to choose, it bag or statement necklace?

6 comments:

  1. most of the time, i choose a statement necklace... im not really one for carrying around a whole handbag, just my wallet and phone will do. lol

    buuuuuut, i really really really like that bag. so in this case, statement bag all the waaay!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha me too- I don't think it would be wise for me to carry all my school stuff around plus have a big bag.
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like statement necklaces best :P I love the first outfit most though xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. well im a girl who always carries around an It bag no matter wat its so crazy cos my mum always says its my sercurity blanket....XD....lol

    ReplyDelete