October 15, 2009

oh, dresses, how awesome are they?

So with homecoming around the corner and all of my classmates' lives seeming to revolve around it (shallow, I know), talking about dresses has become sort of routine at school lately. Everyone's choices are pretty, but not interesting to me. I mean, colorblock is always cool, but not when at least 4 other girls in the group at the same dance are wearing it, you know? While surfing around and pretending I could come anywhere near affording a real, legit DRESS, I came across this amazing gown from Viktor & Rolf.

style.com

is it weird to say it reminds me of swiss cheese? i love it.


on the dresses topic, i also want to share how much i LOVE a dress i bought while in maine this summer:

worn here with betsey johnson bag and my mom's shoes.

I got it at a market outdoors in downtown Portland, and the booth where it was being sold was this kind of shady but free-spirited artist's group (some of them looked homeless, I'm not kidding.) The girl who sold it to me seemed really happy I was buying it and told me she got it from San Francisco. I just wish I could wear it more often, but fall in D.C. just isn't the same as summer, and I think my legs would freeeeeze.






1 comment:

  1. omg i love victor & rolf the designers are so creative and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete